Wednesday, May 22, 2013

21 Days and Counting!

These past 2 weeks have gone quite well for me.  I feel better about myself and I seemed to handle life's daily challenges to not affect me as much as that first week of the challenge.  All of that in itself is a big accomplishment for me because since having my second child it just seemed like me stress and anxiety level got put up on high alert and never came down until I  got onto anti depressants and even then it's taken months for it to come down!  However I think with winter now gone and ALL of us being able to get outside and play and get some real vitamin D into our systems has helped tremendously bring that stress and anxiety level down.  However I do get onto that high level once in a while but I think that just comes with being a mom and feeling some days that I don't have a life. LOL.

However, I am pleased to announce that I did lose a pound over the course of the last week and it made me very happy.  I know I shouldn't judge my happiness on a scale number but I mean come on it does help my happiness to see that scale go to 164 instead of 165, and that just means I'm normal (what is normal anyway these days right?)  Not only did I lose a pound off my body but I seemed to lose a pound of my bad self-body image.  Whenever I seemed to think of myself in a not healthy way I would just say to myself "Carrie stop and remember how you got to think like that yourself and do you want your girls to grow up never being satisfied with themselves?"  Kinda corny I know but it worked!  Took huge pressure off of me to eat healthy because all of a sudden it was for my girls.  From that stemmed healthier choices and STOPPING and thinking before I grabbed something to eat.  Before I would eat something that I didn't have written down I would think to myself "Am I really hungry or am I just thirsty or upset?".  This helped tremendously with the overeating along with my written food journal which I'm not super consistent on but it does help me put my hunger feelings down on paper were I can read them and say "wow I really am full!" Kinda lame I know but hey I'm 1 pound lighter remember?

I also accomplished a huge and terrifying goal for me last night too!  See I always go running whenever I can but it's always at night because that is just how my schedule works out and I have been wanting for weeks run up the Fish Hatchery Hill.  For those who don't know what that is, it's a decent size hill that's medium steepness that leads up to the Fish Hatchery.  I don't know how long it is but by the top one is usually huffing and puffing.  So I decided to run up this hill even though it was 9:00 at night and getting pretty dark.  I grabbed my head lamp, phone, and Joey (my dog) and went off.  As I turned to start going up the hill I have my doubts about making it up all the way because as a young kid I could never make it up to the top.  I remember trying once or twice with my bike and I even tried walking up it once also but never made it because I was a bigger kid and very out of shape and was always self concious about it.  So as I started running up the hill I tell myself that if I start feeling like I'm going to completely die then I'll just run to the next post and walk.  Well the dying moment never came and I made it to the top of the hill and was just fine! It was one of those moments when you have bad memories of a place and then you accomplish something that totally wipes out how you feel about that memory, that's the expeirience I had and on the way back down I just couldn't help smiling because I felt so good about myself and I've realized how far I've come.

I'm looking forward to this summer and all the things that I'll get to do with my family and for myself.  This next weeks goals are just going to be keep working on the high stress and just to have fun!  When I'm not worrying about everything and just have fun that's when I have the most success.  Oh and I'm also going to try and lose one more pound. So until next time, always work hard and see what you can do!

3 comments:

  1. Carrie, I feel like we are the same person sometimes. Being a mom is so much different than you think it's going to be, and I have been struggling so much with it lately. We'll have to chat this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you. Good job. I love you. Oh, and, as always, your beautiful. Always have been, and always will be.

    ReplyDelete