Thursday, May 9, 2013

8 days in-many ups and downs

Hello readers,

Well I'm 8 days into my 100 day personal challenge and it has been a rough 8 days at that!  This past week I've expeirienced really happy and fun moments down to very discouraging sad moments.  After setting my goals of last Wednesday I am happy to report that I accomplished at least one of them!  I got out with my kids everyday and we at least did something! Of course going up to the zoo and walking around downtown Salt Lake helped quite a bit as did getting a new kitty but we have been outside playing and making up some new games pretty much everyday.  However I didn't keep to my planned diet.  We went to Sizzler and Olive Garden while we were up in Salt Lake and how can you not eat those dang breadsticks and go crazy at the salad bar? I mean come on I'm only human!  I figured I walked at least half of those calories off on Saturday because we walked EVERYWHERE!  So I figured I would get back on track when we got home but I got so discouraged at how badly I ate and how I felt that I didn't.  I've learned lately that I'm an emotional eater and it's hard to control some days with everything that comes with being a mom and making sure my mom and dad are doing fine also along with taking care of animals, church calling, making dinner etc. ya I can get a bit stressed out.  So when I get stressed out I eat very high calorie food and a lot of it if I let myself really go!  Then I get mad at myself and blah blah blah usually ends up me taking it out on my family which totally isn't fair to them.  I don't mean to sound all negative and complaining and such I'm just talking about what triggers my eating.  However today my old determination came back and I did really good eating today.  I still ate some chocolate but not gorge myself on it as I have before.  I didn't let myself feel tired or negative and it turned out to be a really good day!  I have motivation on my fridge and other motivation is my two little girls and the example I need to set for them.  As I said in my last post, this isn't totally a weight loss journey but also a growing up journey as well.

So putting this past week behind me I plan on keeping my determination and see if by the end of this next week I can be a pound lighter and seeing me as a successful person trying to get to where I want to!  I believe that is an achievable goal that will snowball into the other things that I'm trying to do such as be a less stressed mom and allow the unexpected things come and have them not totally freak me out!  Haha I tend to just let the little things get to me all the time and I can just feel myself be tight and edgy which is not a good thing with a busy summer coming up with all of our family activities and such.  So this week I'm really going to focus on taking time out and breathing and just relax my body.  I'll have to do yoga I think to really help me destress and plus I'll get the added calorie burn from doing it.  Maybe I'll have a 10 minute yoga time during the day where me and my kids can do some yoga because little kids are amazing at yoga.

So to recap I basically have three goals this week: 1.  Keep my determination on exercising as hard as I can and eating as clean as I can to lose that pound.  2.  When I feel myself get edgy I need to stop and relax to refocus on whatever is going on at the time.  3.  Start having a 10 minute yoga time with my kids so that we can all reap the benefits of yoga and have fun together.

Those goals are totally doable and I'm excited to report back next week to tell everyone who reads how I did.  I know that there won't be perfect days but hey being perfect isn't usually fun anyway.  So until next time find something in your life that you want to change to be a healthier you!

No comments:

Post a Comment